Ahhh, the life of a jet-setting millionaire 1%er!
In the midst of a recession, Michelle Obama and her two daughters are spending Presidents Day on the slopes at the star-studded resort of Aspen, a source who is a longtime ski instructor at the mountain confirmed to the Daily Caller.
The Aspen Daily News first reported the vacation.
The source told TheDC that the Obamas are there with their young children and two female friends of the first lady. The group is staying near Buttermilk Mountain, at the “huge private home” of Jim and Paula Crown — the family that owns Aspen Skiing Co. There are a large number of Secret Service agents with them, and the Crowns have reportedly relocated to Little Nell Hotel until things quiet down.
Good thing it wasn’t Laura Bush, because then the “Occupy” folks (“We. Are. The 99%!”) might actually be upset.
- First Lady in a little place called Aspen (hotair.com)
- Video: Michelle’s Aspen Vacation – Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama’s Skiing Vacation in Aspen & Photos from Other Family Trips [SLIDESHOW] (ibtimes.com)
- Just weeks after 17-day Hawaii holiday Michelle Obama takes daughters on ski trip to Aspen | Mail Online (trailblazer1.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama Decides to Ski Aspen while the taxpayer eats cake (dancingczars.wordpress.com)