Archive for April 13th, 2012
I’d say Obama’s Team Alinsky seems to have really had one blow up in their faces.
Via John Hinderaker
- Rosen’s Calculated Attack On Romney Backfires, Dems Throw Messenger Under The Bus (5440fight.com)
- Wolf Blitzer Corners Obama Deputy Campaign Manager: Why ‘So Quick To Throw Hilary Rosen Under The Bus?’ (mediaite.com)
- Hilary Rosen bravely runs away from Meet the Press (twitchy.com)
- Carney Indirectly Rebuts Rosen, But Doesn’t Condemn (whitehousedossier.com)
I’m sure Matt Lewis somewhere along the line picked up on the whole “Alinsky” thing. One thing in particular:
4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”*
Well, here Matt seems to be playing the center, and if so, then fine. He can be a centrist, and play fair all day long if he wants to. See, the whole “War on Women” meme being turned back on the Democrats who actually started it is a good thing, I think. But he’s bothered by it all:
The flap over Hillary Rosen’s comments disparaging stay-at-home-moms like Ann Romney has gotten a lot of play. I’ve been on the record (okay, on Twitter) mocking the feigned Republican outrage. Something about it just didn’t sit well with me.
This, of course, puts me at odds with the Republican “team” who sees this as a huge win (it is) for their side. It may be smart politics, but it’s still damned depressing. It took me a while to figure out my visceral disgust at this issue. It turns out, there are a lot of things to hate.
Read the rest -
He’s not the only one, Erick Erickson doesn’t like it either, but for different reasons.
See, guys, here’s the thing: we’re not going to play fair anymore. We can’t. We won’t. You don’t have to participate or even play along, just don’t be calling us out. Don’t get in the way. You can do other stuff all day long and don’t have to dirty yourselves. Hang out on CNN. Have a blast.
Remember CPAC, remember what Andrew Breitbart said? We’re not taking their crap anymore. We’re going after them.
*Christianity can’t live up to the “rules” Alinsky was referring to, no man can. That’s where forgiveness come in. The left can have it if they want it, it’s right there for them to pick up, bright and shiny. They won’t? Oh well. That’s where shaking the dust off your feet comes in.