New tax: Any fee of $1 million or more, the performance for which is substantially completed over the course of six months or less, is hit with a 20% surtax above and beyond normal tax rates. If the work for fee is completed in five months or less, 30%; if the work for fee is completed in four months or less, 40%; if three months or less, 50%.
Reason? If you’re making $10 million on a Hollywood shoot that lasts six weeks, that’s not fair. Even among millionaires, that’s not fair. The usual millionaire must work a full year for that kind of money. But a high paid actor, or athlete, can make that much in a season, and then take the rest of the year off.
That’s leisure time the average person doesn’t have– even the average millionaire doesn’t have it.
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- RT @NASA: Scrub: Today’s planned @NASASMAP launch has been postponed due to an upper wind violation: blogs.nasa.gov/smap http://t.co/cS… 58 minutes ago
- @KAAAAATTEEE 😞 1 hour ago
- RT @KCOYClaire: @NASA has postponed the #SMAP launch at Vandenberg AFB for 24 hours 1 hour ago
- @Strugglesofjess http://t.co/865mEDfZrW 10 hours ago
- RT @thegoldfarb: Obama admin floating the expulsion of Israel's ambassador while trying to normalize relations with Cuba and Iran...Rev. Wr… 12 hours ago
Pick Your Date
- RT @breakingpol: Live video: Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson delivers 'State of Homeland Security' address - @NBCNews http://t.c…; 1 hour ago
- Opening statements delayed in ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez's murder trial due to no-show juror - @fox25news bit.ly/1Dcd4UA; 1 hour ago
- Mexico City mayor says at least 54 people injured, 22 of them children, in gas blast at hospital - @AP bit.ly/1Dc8mpU; 1 hour ago
- RT @breakingmoney: Applications for US unemployment aid fall to nearly 15-year low as companies cut fewer jobs - @AP; 2 hours ago
- RT @breakingpol: Hillary Clinton considering delaying formal launch of presidential campaign until July, top Democrats tell @politico http:…; 4 hours ago
- A Wish for the U.S. to be a Free Country Again January 29, 2015
- My Vegas Line on Bergdahl; BCD, 2 Years, Time Served– by Vassar Bushmills January 28, 2015
- 1700 private jets to combat “climate change”—by LadyImpactOhio January 27, 2015
- “American Sniper” Draws Blood — Vassar Bushmills January 26, 2015
- Open Thread January 29, 2015
- Is The GOP Going To Confirm A Woman As Attorney General Who Thinks Illegal Aliens Have "A Right" To Work In This Country? Spoiler: Of Course They Are. January 29, 2015
- How Obama's 529 Plan Shows The Welfare State Is Doomed January 29, 2015
- Morning Thread (1-29-2015) January 29, 2015
- Analysis: Former US Marine killed by Islamic State's Tripoli 'province' January 28, 2015
- Video shows Hezbollah Brigades convoy transporting American M1 tank January 28, 2015
- 'Foreigners' among 7 jihadists killed in US drone strike in Pakistan January 28, 2015
- Islamic State is forced from Kobane January 28, 2015
- Koch-a-geddon watch: Salon picks up slack for Harry Reid while he recovers January 29, 2015 Doug Powers
- Choose to refuse: Say NO to PARCC/SBAC testing January 28, 2015 Michelle Malkin
- Drunk gov’t worker exposes White House security flaw January 28, 2015 Doug Powers
- Mayor of Bridgeport thanks Al Sharpton for ‘fighting the good fight’ against snow in January (I mean ‘climate change’) January 28, 2015 Doug Powers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.