New tax: Any fee of $1 million or more, the performance for which is substantially completed over the course of six months or less, is hit with a 20% surtax above and beyond normal tax rates. If the work for fee is completed in five months or less, 30%; if the work for fee is completed in four months or less, 40%; if three months or less, 50%.
Reason? If you’re making $10 million on a Hollywood shoot that lasts six weeks, that’s not fair. Even among millionaires, that’s not fair. The usual millionaire must work a full year for that kind of money. But a high paid actor, or athlete, can make that much in a season, and then take the rest of the year off.
That’s leisure time the average person doesn’t have– even the average millionaire doesn’t have it.
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- RT @FakeSalonDotCom: Rhode Island decriminalizes prostitution and amazing things happen for Bill Clinton. 4 hours ago
- @SandraHartle @AmericnElephant open.salon.com/blog/michael_r… 6 hours ago
- RT @AmericnElephant: plagiarist Rachel Maddow still working. 6 hours ago
- @TheAnchoress @micnews Because they couldn't find a way to blame it on Bush or Israel 7 hours ago
- RT @CuffyMeh: So, now maybe Buzzfeed can get around to policing the deceptive clickbait headlines Kaczynski always "accidentally" writes. O… 7 hours ago
Pick Your Date
- Palestinian death toll in Israeli operation in Gaza passes 1,000 - @Haaretz bit.ly/WHTm4A; 1 hour ago
- US shutters embassy in Libya, evacuates staff amid growing violence in Tripoli - @AP; 1 hour ago
- Foreign ministers meeting in Paris calls for extension of 12-hour ceasefire in Gaza - @SkyNewsBreak bit.ly/WHSZae; 1 hour ago
- First Pakistan team of climbers scale K2 summit, only second team to make ascent since Italians in 1954 - @BBCNews bbc.in/WHSHzS; 1 hour ago
- Armed gunmen seize senior Sunni politician from his home in Baghdad - @AP bit.ly/WHSvAX; 1 hour ago
- From The Back Of The Bus To Under The Bus July 24, 2014
- A Nation under Laws or a Nation under Ideology? July 23, 2014
- Response to “Don’t Send Your Kid to the Ivy League” July 22, 2014
- Ronald Reagan and the Eleventh Commandment July 22, 2014
- Early Morning Open Thread - [Niedermeyer's Dead Horse] July 26, 2014
- Overnight Open Thread (25 Jul 2014) July 25, 2014
- Open Thread July 25, 2014
- Fifty Shades... of Hollywood Magic!!! July 25, 2014
- Kuwaiti Gitmo detainee should remain in US custody, review board finds July 25, 2014
- Review board recommends transfer of Guantanamo detainee to Kuwait July 25, 2014
- Boko Haram consolidates power in northeastern Nigeria July 24, 2014
- Pakistani officials, Taliban deny Adnan Rasheed was captured July 24, 2014
- Hey, Snotty Bloomberg: Mind your own crumbling city! July 11, 2014 Michelle Malkin
- Sen. Patty Murray authors ‘Not My Boss’s Business Act’ to exempt O-care from law she voted for in ’93 July 10, 2014 Doug Powers
- Obama’s Immigration Lawyers’ Enrichment Act July 9, 2014 Michelle Malkin
- ‘Sobby Lobby’ rides again: Forget ‘it’s the law,’ Harry Reid pledges action against Hobby Lobby ruling July 9, 2014 Doug Powers
- Overnite Pete: Gun control follies December 27, 2012
- Overnite Pete: Texas = stupid magnet December 12, 2012
- On MI anti-RTW union mobs, and thoroughly evil Democrats December 12, 2012
- Overnite Pete: sore loser? You better know it. December 11, 2012
- Overnite Pete: Sandy fallout November 3, 2012