New tax: Any fee of $1 million or more, the performance for which is substantially completed over the course of six months or less, is hit with a 20% surtax above and beyond normal tax rates. If the work for fee is completed in five months or less, 30%; if the work for fee is completed in four months or less, 40%; if three months or less, 50%.
Reason? If you’re making $10 million on a Hollywood shoot that lasts six weeks, that’s not fair. Even among millionaires, that’s not fair. The usual millionaire must work a full year for that kind of money. But a high paid actor, or athlete, can make that much in a season, and then take the rest of the year off.
That’s leisure time the average person doesn’t have– even the average millionaire doesn’t have it.
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- @ChrisLoesch Those are pretty good... 15 hours ago
- RT @Zelcorpion: Even if Columbia pays 10 mio. $ to Nungesser, it will still remain rape to the new marxists: nytimes.com/2015/04/24/nyr… http://… 1 day ago
- Soon #Obama will just be a derogatory verb #2016 #tcot twitter.com/Shaughn_A/stat… 1 day ago
- RT @Shaughn_A: #Alberta judge grants #OmarKhadr bail pending appeal. Wow #Canada! #Obama much? theglobeandmail.com/news/national/… http://t.co/SQB1w5X… 1 day ago
- RT @CuffyMeh: Way to use someone else's death to promote yourself, you fat ghoul. twitter.com/MMFlint/status… 1 day ago
Pick Your Date
- Magnitude 6.7 earthquake hits east of Kathmandu, Nepal - USGS on.doi.gov/1HGol3Y; 2 hours ago
- Official count says more than 2,000 killed in massive Nepal earthquake - @AFP breakingnews.com/t/BICa; 3 hours ago
- Nepal earthquake killed at least 1,910, including 721 in Kathmandu, Nepal police official says - @AP bit.ly/1JGoJye; 4 hours ago
- Suspect injured in police-involved shooting at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport, officials say - @kare11 bit.ly/1DM4o69; 5 hours ago
- Baltimore mayor and police commissioner denounce work of agitators at Freddie Gray protests - @BaltimoreSun bsun.md/1DM26E0; 6 hours ago
- Saving the Character of the Senate Through Common Purpose April 25, 2015
- For the GOP Candidates: Saving the Character of the Nation Through Common Purpose April 25, 2015
- By an Angel’s Kiss, Tech Sergeant Anthony Salazar, 40 , USAF, (Iraq-ISIS) April 20, 2015
- By an Angel’s Kiss, Spec John M Dawson, 22, (Afghanistan) April 20, 2015
- Overnight Open Thread (25 Apr 2015) April 25, 2015
- Who Will Stand? [OregonMuse] April 25, 2015
- Saturday Gardening Thread - Working Without a Net Edition [Y-not, KT, and Weirddave] April 25, 2015
- REUNION OF GIANTS: The Only Two Avro Lancasters [CBD] April 25, 2015
- New jihadist leader in Dagestan denounces Islamic State defectors February 16, 2015
- 21 Egyptian Christians executed in Islamic State video February 15, 2015
- Islamic State 'province' in Libya claims capture of town February 15, 2015
- Islamic State takes over large portions of town near key airbase in Anbar February 13, 2015
- Fixed: Here’s how Newsweek’s Clinton Foundation scandal story should have opened Doug Powers
- Good Will Revising: PBS helps Oscar-winning liberal actor/director edit family history Doug Powers
- MSM: There’s no pro-Hillary media bias — Reality: Hahahaha! Doug Powers
- Proof positive: A lot of thought went into Hillary’s visit to Chipotle! Doug Powers
- Overnite Pete: Gun control follies December 27, 2012
- Overnite Pete: Texas = stupid magnet December 12, 2012
- On MI anti-RTW union mobs, and thoroughly evil Democrats December 12, 2012
- Overnite Pete: sore loser? You better know it. December 11, 2012
- Overnite Pete: Sandy fallout November 3, 2012