New tax: Any fee of $1 million or more, the performance for which is substantially completed over the course of six months or less, is hit with a 20% surtax above and beyond normal tax rates. If the work for fee is completed in five months or less, 30%; if the work for fee is completed in four months or less, 40%; if three months or less, 50%.
Reason? If you’re making $10 million on a Hollywood shoot that lasts six weeks, that’s not fair. Even among millionaires, that’s not fair. The usual millionaire must work a full year for that kind of money. But a high paid actor, or athlete, can make that much in a season, and then take the rest of the year off.
That’s leisure time the average person doesn’t have– even the average millionaire doesn’t have it.
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- Lulz twitter.com/redsteeze/stat… 12 hours ago
- @Strugglesofjess @viinsaniity Oqueso... 12 hours ago
- @Strugglesofjess @viinsaniity It was an accident. Twitter made me do it. It follows by itself. I couldn't get a cab. Floods. 12 hours ago
- @Strugglesofjess A *Must Have* 12 hours ago
- RT @dphaw: Isn't the oil spill in California terrible? Oh wait, 20-25 tons of oil seep out of the ground naturally every day! http://t.co/K… 12 hours ago
Pick Your Date
- US readies air patrols in search for Rohingya migrants trapped at sea - @AP bit.ly/1GtlbRp; 3 hours ago
- Myanmar's navy carries out 1st rescue of migrant boat bringing 208 people ashore, official says - @AFP yhoo.it/1GtklnZ; 3 hours ago
- Police arrest suspect wanted in connection to quadruple homicide in Washington, DC, sources tell @nbcwashington bit.ly/1HygmI3; 7 hours ago
- RT @breakingstorm: Preliminary magnitude 4.1 earthquake hits north of Napa, Calif. - @USGS on.doi.gov/1LrfaVm; 8 hours ago
- Officials say 53 people in 9 states affected by salmonella outbreak after eating raw tuna - @NBCNews nbcnews.to/1dnQO3R; 10 hours ago
- Rush Is Right; GOP Should Not Write Off States May 21, 2015
- Greenies, you can now hold a funeral for your failed “movement” May 17, 2015
- Conservative Review Compares Declared Candidates May 13, 2015
- Round Table: Electability May 13, 2015
- Overnight Open Thread (5-21-2015) May 21, 2015
- Senator Kristen Gillibrand's Chubby Case Against Paul Nungesser Falls Apart May 21, 2015
- Six Baltimore Cops Indicted in Freddie Gray Death May 21, 2015
- Party of Science: Young People, When Polled, Estimate The Number of Gay People In Society at... 30% May 21, 2015
- New jihadist leader in Dagestan denounces Islamic State defectors February 16, 2015
- 21 Egyptian Christians executed in Islamic State video February 15, 2015
- Islamic State 'province' in Libya claims capture of town February 15, 2015
- Islamic State takes over large portions of town near key airbase in Anbar February 13, 2015
- George Stephanopoulos removes ‘Hillary 2016′ button long enough to call out ‘Clinton Cash’ author’s bias Doug Powers
- Baltimore mayor provided destruction ‘space’ for rioters, and they’re running with it April 28, 2015 Doug Powers
- Open thread: Obama era perfectly encapsulated in one sentence; Krauthammer nukes Hillary apologists April 26, 2015 Doug Powers
- Hillary: Killing unborn babies will never be copacetic until you clingers let go of your religious hangups April 25, 2015 Doug Powers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.