New tax: Any fee of $1 million or more, the performance for which is substantially completed over the course of six months or less, is hit with a 20% surtax above and beyond normal tax rates. If the work for fee is completed in five months or less, 30%; if the work for fee is completed in four months or less, 40%; if three months or less, 50%.
Reason? If you’re making $10 million on a Hollywood shoot that lasts six weeks, that’s not fair. Even among millionaires, that’s not fair. The usual millionaire must work a full year for that kind of money. But a high paid actor, or athlete, can make that much in a season, and then take the rest of the year off.
That’s leisure time the average person doesn’t have– even the average millionaire doesn’t have it.
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- @76_NTM @JoleneBlalock Well...@kirstiealley 33 minutes ago
- RT @CSteven: When .@MarkLevinShow won the .@AndrewBreitbart "Defender of the First Amendment" award last year. youtube.com/watch?v=ZtrsoD… #tc… 3 hours ago
- All alone #LLAP http://t.co/HipqBuyKkR 4 hours ago
- RT @NASA: RIP Leonard Nimoy. So many of us at NASA were inspired by Star Trek. Boldly go... go.nasa.gov/10F4Ci0 http://t.co/nMmFMKYv1L 6 hours ago
- “@BlissTabitha: Obama: Border Patrol Officers Who Do Their Job Will Face Consequences bit.ly/1BJhRAT” #tcot 7 hours ago
Pick Your Date
- 7-day Department of Homeland Security funding bill passes in the House, 357-60 - @cspan bit.ly/1AT2dzi; 3 hours ago
- Russian President Putin condemns slaying of opposition leader Boris Nemtsov; orders an investigation - @interfax_news breakingnews.com/t/BFuy; 7 hours ago
- RT @breakingpol: 3-week DHS funding bill fails in House; next steps unclear ahead of midnight shutdown deadline - @frankthorpNBC https://t.…; 8 hours ago
- Reports: Russian politician Boris Nemtsov, a critic of Vladimir Putin, has been slain - @lifenews_ru, @interfax_news; 8 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, who played Spock on 'Star Trek,' died this morning, his wife says; he was 83 - @nytimes nyti.ms/1ExrstO; 13 hours ago
- John Kerry – The ‘Moveable Feast’ of Idiocy February 26, 2015
- Kasich insults Ohio parents, calls them “hysterical” over Common Core February 24, 2015
- Michael Farris’ Convention of States Unmasked February 23, 2015
- Five States That Are The Most Free February 20, 2015
- Overnight Open Thread (27 Feb 2015) February 27, 2015
- Things Which Are Quokkas And Things Which Are Not Quokkas Open Thread February 27, 2015
- Major Opponent of Vladimir Putin, Get This, Gunned Down In the Street February 27, 2015
- Boeher Attempts to Capitulate to Reid and Obama; Fails February 27, 2015
- New jihadist leader in Dagestan denounces Islamic State defectors February 16, 2015
- 21 Egyptian Christians executed in Islamic State video February 15, 2015
- Islamic State 'province' in Libya claims capture of town February 15, 2015
- Islamic State takes over large portions of town near key airbase in Anbar February 13, 2015
- Earnest and Psaki back up Obama: Not just Jews shop at ‘randomly’ attacked kosher stores, so stop with the profiling! February 10, 2015 Doug Powers
- Bill Nye shares climate change proof: The Wyoming hills are alive with ‘science’! February 10, 2015 Doug Powers
- “Success story” update! Cut-and-run Obama shuts down Yemen embassy February 10, 2015 Michelle Malkin
- Another ‘general policy’ bites the dust': Kerry and Biden meet with Netanyahu election rival February 9, 2015 Doug Powers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.