New tax: Any fee of $1 million or more, the performance for which is substantially completed over the course of six months or less, is hit with a 20% surtax above and beyond normal tax rates. If the work for fee is completed in five months or less, 30%; if the work for fee is completed in four months or less, 40%; if three months or less, 50%.
Reason? If you’re making $10 million on a Hollywood shoot that lasts six weeks, that’s not fair. Even among millionaires, that’s not fair. The usual millionaire must work a full year for that kind of money. But a high paid actor, or athlete, can make that much in a season, and then take the rest of the year off.
That’s leisure time the average person doesn’t have– even the average millionaire doesn’t have it.
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- Or...not twitter.com/theeconomist/s… 12 hours ago
- Spoken like a white man who never hired a woman to direct his movies twitter.com/dailycaller/st… 12 hours ago
- RT @AmyOtto8: How did she treat Lewinsky, the secret service ,and Vince Foster? twitter.com/ron_fournier/s… 12 hours ago
- RT @CSLCHSnMore: #TebowTime sounding pretty good about now, eh Coach Kelly? #Eagles1and3 http://t.co/g2ivLtyaqe 12 hours ago
- RT @ron_fournier: Didn't take a genius to see this coming. Pro-life or pro-choice, the UNEDITED videos (available online) are a horror http… 12 hours ago
Pick Your Date
- Judge panel orders Oscar Pistorius to undergo psychotherapy after blocking early release - @cctvnewsafrica, @LePoint bit.ly/1LePuZS; 1 hour ago
- Former UN General Assembly President John Ashe among 6 defendants charged with corruption by US, criminal complaint says - @Reuters; 1 hour ago
- RT @breakingmoney: US trade deficit jumps 15.6% to $48.3 billion in August as exports fall to 3-year low - @AP; 1 hour ago
- RT @breakingpol: US government deports fewest immigrants in nearly a decade, data shows; total deportations drop 42% since 2012 - @AP http:…; 1 hour ago
- Turkey says MiG-29 of unknown nationality interfered with 8 Turkish F-16s on patrol along Syrian border Monday - @Reuters; 1 hour ago
- Appoint Judges For A Term NOT For Life October 5, 2015
- The Buck Stops with Slavitt October 2, 2015
- The Fertile Crescent- aka Barack Obama’s Cauldron of Death October 2, 2015
- GOP Candidates and the Presidential Gut-Check September 30, 2015
- Morning Thread (10-6-2015) October 6, 2015
- Overnight Open Thread (10-5-2015) October 5, 2015
- The Mask Falls: Left Calling for "Gun-Free Society" October 5, 2015
- Shock: Top Hillary Clinton Aide Lied About Using Personal Email for Business With Reporters October 5, 2015
- Slaughterhouse: MilSF Short October 5, 2015
- Book Review - "Buffalo Trail" by Jeff Guinn October 2, 2015
- Book Review and Interview with the Cheneys - EXCEPTIONAL: Why the World Needs a Powerful America October 2, 2015
- Book Review - "The End Game" by Catherine Coulter and J.T. Ellison September 25, 2015
- New jihadist leader in Dagestan denounces Islamic State defectors February 16, 2015
- 21 Egyptian Christians executed in Islamic State video February 15, 2015
- Islamic State 'province' in Libya claims capture of town February 15, 2015
- Islamic State takes over large portions of town near key airbase in Anbar February 13, 2015
- Live from New York, it’s a 6-minute campaign ad for Hillary Clinton! (a Sunday open thread) October 4, 2015 Doug Powers
- Joe Biden schools people who think the 2nd Amendment mentions bazookas and F-15s October 2, 2015 Doug Powers
- The baby butchers and their media butchers October 2, 2015 Michelle Malkin
- Hey look, Obama was right… the 1980’s ARE calling October 1, 2015 Doug Powers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.