New tax: Any fee of $1 million or more, the performance for which is substantially completed over the course of six months or less, is hit with a 20% surtax above and beyond normal tax rates. If the work for fee is completed in five months or less, 30%; if the work for fee is completed in four months or less, 40%; if three months or less, 50%.
Reason? If you’re making $10 million on a Hollywood shoot that lasts six weeks, that’s not fair. Even among millionaires, that’s not fair. The usual millionaire must work a full year for that kind of money. But a high paid actor, or athlete, can make that much in a season, and then take the rest of the year off.
That’s leisure time the average person doesn’t have– even the average millionaire doesn’t have it.
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- RT @kaltkrieger: "Katie Pavlich: The Obama administration, not the NRA, sells guns to terrorists" therealrevo.com/blog/?p=138648 3 hours ago
- @TwitchyTeam That avi looks familiar...somehow https://t.co/KkFYbQSxf9 4 hours ago
- More bathroom reading twitter.com/oliverdarcy/st… 6 hours ago
- RT @benshapiro: Tell your mom she should have worried more when you were masturbating next to your sister. twitter.com/lenadunham/sta… 8 hours ago
- After they're born. Until that point...? twitter.com/globalfundwome… 8 hours ago
Pick Your Date
- Israeli Defense Forces to draft HIV-positive people for non-combat positions after policy change - @Jerusalem_Post bit.ly/1NmVwJ3; 1 hour ago
- Kirby Smart of University of Alabama to be next University of Georgia football coach, sources tell @ajc - on-ajc.com/1PZGpvy; 2 hours ago
- Philadelphia 76ers take down Los Angeles Lakers, 103-91, for their 1st win this season - @SportsCenter bit.ly/1PZF8ov; 2 hours ago
- White House rejects Pentagon plan to close Guantanamo Bay and build alternative in US as too costly, @WSJ reports on.wsj.com/1OEk3g7; 3 hours ago
- E. coli recall expands to 19 states, major chains Walmart, Safeway, Target - @CNNMoney cnnmon.ie/1OEg0jL; 4 hours ago
- Sacre Bleu! December 1, 2015
- A Republic, Where a Man Can Walk Free, Drunk or Sober; An Homage November 29, 2015
- Is ISIS Underwriting the “Clock Kid” Ahmed’s lawsuit against Irving, Texas? November 24, 2015
- The Shoulders We All Stand On, a Photo Essay for Millennials November 23, 2015
- Overnight Open Thread (12-1-2015) – Raped by a Bear Edition December 1, 2015
- More Stupid Shit That Happened Today December 1, 2015
- Your Stupid President: Obama Declares, In Paris, in the Wake of a Mass Shooting Resulting in 132 Deaths, That Mass Shootings Just Don't Happen Outside the US December 1, 2015
- Oh, My: Fantastic Piece on Seattle Corporate Jesus, Dan Price of Gravity Inc. December 1, 2015
- New jihadist leader in Dagestan denounces Islamic State defectors February 16, 2015
- 21 Egyptian Christians executed in Islamic State video February 15, 2015
- Islamic State 'province' in Libya claims capture of town February 15, 2015
- Islamic State takes over large portions of town near key airbase in Anbar February 13, 2015
- Obama: Mass shootings like in the US just don’t happen in other countries (by the way, he said that in Paris) December 1, 2015 Doug Powers
- Self-congratulatory climate warriors kick off COP21 in the most costly refrigerator box of all time December 1, 2015 Doug Powers
- Former NYC mayor with multiple mansions and jets: ‘Crazies’ like Ted Cruz don’t accept climate change reality November 29, 2015 Doug Powers
- Obama: Syrian refugees are like pilgrims on the Mayflower (a Thanksgiving weekend open thread) November 27, 2015 Doug Powers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.