New tax: Any fee of $1 million or more, the performance for which is substantially completed over the course of six months or less, is hit with a 20% surtax above and beyond normal tax rates. If the work for fee is completed in five months or less, 30%; if the work for fee is completed in four months or less, 40%; if three months or less, 50%.
Reason? If you’re making $10 million on a Hollywood shoot that lasts six weeks, that’s not fair. Even among millionaires, that’s not fair. The usual millionaire must work a full year for that kind of money. But a high paid actor, or athlete, can make that much in a season, and then take the rest of the year off.
That’s leisure time the average person doesn’t have– even the average millionaire doesn’t have it.
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- RT @RepMimiWalters: Our Washington office is now accepting applications for Fall 2016 internships. More info here: 1.usa.gov/20RFsam 49 minutes ago
- @DanRiehl @realDonaldTrump @seanhannity Because that's what it was all about 4 hours ago
- @gidgey 😞 8 hours ago
- RT @JimDeMint: This is also known as a lie. twitter.com/DailySignal/st… 9 hours ago
- Obama ran out of Red Lines? twitter.com/carolelee/stat… 9 hours ago
Pick Your Date
- FIXES TYPO / Ex-Oklahoma volunteer deputy sentenced to 4 years for shooting death of unarmed suspect - Tulsa World bit.ly/1XNtEH1; 5 hours ago
- Judge: Maricopa Co, Ariz., sheriff's office should pay detainees $1,000 in racial-profiling case - Arizona Republic bit.ly/1RJZrBn; 8 hours ago
- Drew Peterson found guilty of trying to hire someone to kill the prosecutor in his murder trial - Chicago Tribune trib.in/1TOYTlr; 9 hours ago
- 'Shield' actor Michael Jace found guilty of 2nd-degree murder for killing wife in Los Angeles - NBC Los Angeles bit.ly/1XcqSws; 9 hours ago
- 2 US troops injured in Syria, Iraq, after indirect fire hits 'behind the forward line,' Pentagon says - Daily Beast bit.ly/25yDVg9; 11 hours ago
- William Kristol Has Recruited NRO Writer and Iraq Veteran David French for his #NeverTrump Presidential Candidate? May 31, 2016
- EPIX: No, We're Not Pulling the Katie Couric Mockumentary. But It's Now Available Only On Pay Per View. May 31, 2016
- Assholishly Provocative (And Superiority-Signalling) Thought of the Day May 31, 2016
- Stupid Old Whore Katie Couric Regrets Conveying the Misimpression That She Is Stupid and an Old Whore May 31, 2016
- Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Book Reviews - "Slow Burn" & "The Innocents" by Ace Atkins May 13, 2016
- Book Review - "The Wages of Sin" by Nancy Allen May 12, 2016
- Book Review - "In the Arena" by Pete Hegseth May 11, 2016
- New jihadist leader in Dagestan denounces Islamic State defectors February 16, 2015
- 21 Egyptian Christians executed in Islamic State video February 15, 2015
- Islamic State 'province' in Libya claims capture of town February 15, 2015
- Islamic State takes over large portions of town near key airbase in Anbar February 13, 2015
- CNN asks the important question: Would Donald Trump have killed the gorilla? May 31, 2016 Doug Powers
- Bernie Sanders resorts to rooting for millionaires in desperate search for California comeback analogy May 31, 2016 Doug Powers
- To your health! De Blasio cracks down on sodium, but public urination not a big deal anymore (Open thread) May 29, 2016 Doug Powers
- Dueling Headlines, ‘Obama lectures world about morality’ edition May 28, 2016 Doug Powers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.